Kaikoura Lavender Farm
Lavendyl Lavender Farm and Dylan's Country Cottages are situated in scenic Kaikoura in the South Island of New Zealand. Onsite we have a gift shop full of lavender products including lavender essential oil, massage cream, bath products, lavender honey, skin and hair care products, crafts, preserves, art and much more! On your next visit to Kaikoura enjoy our gardens, tea room and our products and/or stay in our cottage.
During the months of January through to February, when the flowers are at their peak for oil production, the distilling process can be observed on site.
Lavendyl farm grows over 50 different varieties of lavender plants.
Below are a few of the things you can do during your visit to Lavendyl Lavender Farm or during your stay at Dylan's Cottages.
- Stroll through the gardens while admiring lavender and many other native New Zealand plants and flowers
- Watch the distillation process as we extract 100%
pure lavender and rosemary essential oils
- Purchase lavender products and hand made wollen goods from the unique onsite
gift store and gallery
- Sip on a cup of tea or coffee inside the tearoom or out in the gardens
- Meditate and relax in the circle of thyme
- Have a picnic surrounded by the scent and colour of beautiful lavender and flower gardens
- Enjoy the scenic views from Mt Fyffe to the Kaikoura Peninsula
- Meet our friendly sheep and chickens. The sheep love to be petted and hand fed!
- Play a game of petanque (French bowls)
- Watch demonstrations of wool crafts (spinning, weaving and felting) and perhaps have a go yourself.
Please see the NZTA website for details of the route between Blenheim/Nelson and Kaikoura and Christchurch and Kaikoura.
For large group bookings or bus tours please contact us if possible so we can cater for your group's needs.
$2 per OAP at all times
Under 18 free
Ploughmans lunches and afternoon teas are available by prior arrangement and can be enjoyed in the tea room or as a picnic in the grounds.
Home-made lavender ice cream, flavours vary from season to season, are available.
Dylans Country Cottages consists of two unique lodge / chalet style cottages "Mahoe" and "Kowhai". The cottages are situated in a rural setting beneath the spectacular Seaward Kaikoura mountain range. Dylan's cottage accommodation is only five minutes from central Kaikoura, 2.5 hours drive from Christchurch and 2 hours drive from the Picton ferries.
Here is a taste of what we offer. Lavender essential oil, Massage cream and oil, Bath oil and salts, Lavender honey, Room spritz, several varieties of hand made soap, Baby oil and soap, Crafts, Art, Preserves and much more!
Spinning, weaving and felting are demonstrated - see our website for details of days. There is a opportunity to have a go yourself. As we are an Ashford dealer you can even treat yourself if you catch the bug!
The farm is hosted by Myra and her two sons who are always at hand to make your stay a memorable one, the friendly sheep are also there to meet and greet everyone.
Surrounding the lavender farm you will find one of the most beautiful locations on earth with vistas from the rugged Kaikoura mountain range that dive into the South Pacific Ocean.
Sailing, fishing, golf, tennis and world class surf are only a few of the things that can keep you entertained in Kaikoura.
And last but not least, Kaikoura is world famous for it's whales.